[Haskell-cafe] Arrows for invertible programming: Notation, question

Alexey Rodriguez Yakushev mrchebas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 19:26:06 EST 2005

On Dec 23, 2005, at 11:53, Arjen wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Dec 2005, Joel Reymont wrote:
>
> > Folks,
> >
> > I have been looking at the code for the "Arrows for invertible
> > programming" paper (http://www.cs.ru.nl/A.vanWeelden/bi-arrows/) and
> > I have a question about syntax. ghci surely does not like it.
> >
> I've updated the web page to say that is does not work with Hugs, GHCi
> or GHC -fgenerics, sorry for the confusion.
> It really requires Generic Haskell (GH) 1.42. I never got GH working
> with GHC 6.4, so you also really need GHC 6.2.2. I think you can run
> the result of the GH preprocessor (using the right command line
> options) in GHCi or Hugs, but I'm not sure.

Once you have compiled your GH program (.ghs) into a haskell program
(.hs), you can load it into ghci using the wrapper provided in
build/bin/gh-ghci .

> If anyone got GH working with GHC 6.4(+), please tell me how you did
> it.

To build GH with the 6.4 series of GHC you need to check out the
sources from the subversion repository:

svn co
https://svn.cs.uu.nl:12443/repos/Generic-Haskell/trunk/Generic-Haskell/

Cheers,