[Haskell-cafe] GHC for Windows - no installer

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 10:09:29 EST 2005

I'd like to have GHC available to me, but some of the PCs I work on
are extremely tight on space, or "locked down" in such a way that I
can't install GHC on them. To get around this, I was considering
copying GHC from my development PC onto a pen drive, and then using
that (setting PATH when I needed access to GHC).

My question is, will this work? Can the Windows install of GHC be
copied around, or does it rely on registry entries or other system
configuration in such a way that it has to be "properly" installed?

Thanks,
Paul.