[Haskell-cafe] binary IO

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Wed Dec 28 05:37:19 EST 2005

Hello Joel,

JR> Quite possibly. I'm looking for hard proven results at this point and
JR> while you are making bold claims about the throughput of your
JR> pickling library you are not willing to demonstrate this throughput
JR> in a real-life situation.

i say about speed of unpickling only, your program may have more
bottlenecks. you can see my tests in Main.hs, for your task appropriate
benchmark code will be:

main = do buf <- mallocBytes (100*10^6)
          h <- createBufferedMemoryStream =<< openMemory buf size
          go (\_->get h) (25*10^6::Int)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com