[Haskell-cafe] OpenAL bindings / compiling ghc 6.5

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Wed Dec 28 11:12:48 EST 2005

Am Mittwoch, 28. Dezember 2005 16:15 schrieb Michael Benfield:
> I see here:
> http://www.haskell.org/HOpenGL/newAPI/
>
> OpenAL bindings listed as part of the Hierachical Libraries. And when I
> download the source to a development snapshot of GHC, there they are.
> Is there a way to install this on GHC 6.4?

Although I haven't tried it, you should be able to simply use the OpenAL and
ALUT directories from the HEAD in the 6.4 branch. The only problem that might
arise is that the Cabal stuff might have changed a bit, but I'm not sure
about that. Anyway, this should be fairly easy to fix...

> Alternatively... I can't get GHC 6.5 to compile. I do ./configure &&
> make and it gets to this step:
> ==fptools== make all -r;
>   in /Users/mike/source/ghc-6.5.20051221/ghc/compiler
> and sits forever [...]

I haven't heard about that problem. :-(

Cheers,
    S.