[Haskell-cafe] binary IO

Joel Reymont joelr1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 03:37:27 EST 2005

This is what I spent the past 3 months on. Pickling code that
interoperates with a C++ server that sends things to me little-
endian. And sends other wierd data like unicode strings that are zero-
terminated.

SerTH does not handle things like that since it cannot divine the
wire format for you. I used the pickler combinators approach which
worked great in theory since I could specify the wire format and have
a single spec for pickling and unpickling. In practice this turned
out to be too slow and I still don't know why.

I'm still waiting to see how this should really be done.

	Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/