[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell Speed

Jared Updike jupdike at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 12:05:42 EST 2005

> Back to where this came from, my view is that this is an education
> issue - tutorials tend to focus on lazy, functional techniques, and
> not on efficiency.

> But the material is available, so people *can* learn. It just needs
> some effort (but possibly more than it should...)

Can anyone suggest some good tutorials, papers, or books to read for
learning how to reason about laziness, specifically, time and space
complexity? I seem to remember that Richard Bird's Introduction to
Functional Programming book has a chapter or so on this subject, but
what other material would anyone recommend for trying to understand
how to write efficient, lazy algorithms? Maybe in the spirit of
updating Wikis and such, we can collect this sort of material
together...

  Jared.
jupdike at gmail.com
http://www.updike.org/~jared/