[Haskell-cafe] Continuations

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Fri Dec 23 12:42:25 EST 2005

Hello Joel,

JR> It's an assumption that you are making.

well, i may be wrong, but you also may be wrong :)  just answer on my
questions and see the results :)  remember that i ask anything only
because i want to help you

>> what you want to buy with continuations and, more important, why you
>> need it?

JR> To try to implement "thread priorities". I would like to use
JR> continuations instead of threads and pick the next continuation to
JR> run based on how much time it has to responde to the poker server.

but why the response times so long? it is because long startup time of
each bot thread? if so, you need just to put lock around this stratup
code. if not, any "thread priorities" will not help, i think. are you
checked (by calculation) that with right priorities clients will not
timeout?

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com