[Haskell-cafe] exuberant-ctags, haskell, vim, tlist plugin

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Thu Dec 22 19:39:01 EST 2005

Thanks Claus, Peter

Claus: I've now patched the tlist plugin to use hasktags distributed
with ghc.. But exuberant-ctags also adds a character as tag description
(e.g f for function c for class) which hasktags doesn't.

Peter: Thanks, it's working great..
Why didn't you contribute it to ctags?

Here is my bash script to download, patch, configure and build.
I couldn't manage to use cvs download and then cvs update to version
5.5.4 to let cvs resolve conflicts.. There wouldn't have been any, would
there? Because changes are very simple in this case.
Perhaps someone else is interested.. I think especially patching could have been done with less lines (?)

-----------------------
#!/bin/bash
v="5.5.2"
d="ctags-$v"
wget -nc http://puzzle.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/ctags/ctags-5.5.2.tar.gz
wget -nc http://zarquon.se/misc/ctags-5.5.2-haskell.diff
tar xvfz ctags-$v.tar.gz
# split diff file:
csplit.exe -k ctags-5.5.2-haskell.diff /\^diff/ {*}
# touch file to be able to patch it.
touch "$d/haskell.c"
for i in xx*; do
	# get filename from file
	patchwith=$(sed -n -e 's/.*\(ctags-5.5.2\/[^ ]*\).*/\1/' -e '1p' $i)
	if [[ ! -z $patchwith ]]; then
		echo patching file $patchwith diff is $i
		patch  $patchwith < $i
	fi
done
cd ctags-$v