[Haskell-cafe] Re: Tutorial uploaded

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 16:39:25 EST 2005

On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 09:30:14PM +0000, Philippa Cowderoy wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Tomasz Zielonka wrote:
>
> > I don't know how it's done, but when you compile it with 'ghc -O2',
> > the program runs in constant space. Unfortunately with Hugs and GHCi it
> > grows.
>
> The live set, or just the heap?

It depends on what you mean by live set. If it's the conservative
approximation as used by GC (reachability from root set), then yes,
because it more or less equals heap. If you mean the set of nodes that
will be referenced by program in the future, then probably no. You
mean the latter, right?

Best regards
Tomasz