[Haskell-cafe] Problems with square root...

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Wed Dec 21 13:06:38 EST 2005

Hey,

The sqrt function is not doing what I want. This is what I want:

round sqrt(2)

The problem is that sqrt() returns a "Floating" value and round wants a
"ReacFrac":
--//--
*Main> round sqrt(2)
<interactive>:1:0:
     No instances for (RealFrac (a -> a), Integral (t -> a1))
       arising from use of `round' at <interactive>:1:0-4
     Probable fix:
       add an instance declaration for (RealFrac (a -> a), Integral (t
-> a1))
     In the definition of `it': it = round sqrt (2)
*Main>
--//--

I'm trying to figure out how to turn a Float into a RealFrac so I can
pass it to 'round'. Any ideas?

Daniel.
--
      /\/`) http://oooauthors.org