[Haskell-cafe] Killer pickler combinators (was Time leak)

Joel Reymont joelr1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 10:20:01 EST 2005

On Dec 21, 2005, at 2:56 PM, Cale Gibbard wrote:

> By the way, when I was doing threadDelays, I meant:
> trace s = withMVar lock $ const $ threadDelay 20
> In case you didn't try that.

I'm trying 5k threads and I still get delays at times. Using thread
delay of 1, though.

./unstuff trace.dat
unstuff: user error (ORANGE ALERT: 0s, 7s, SrvServerInfo, ix1: 6,
size: 49722)

unstuff: user error (ORANGE ALERT: 0s, 8s, SrvServerInfo, ix1: 6,
size: 49722)

unstuff: user error (ORANGE ALERT: 0s, 7s, SrvServerInfo, ix1: 6,
size: 49722)

unstuff: user error (ORANGE ALERT: 0s, 5s, SrvServerInfo, ix1: 6,
size: 49722)

unstuff: user error (ORANGE ALERT: 0s, 5s, SrvServerInfo, ix1: 6,
size: 49722)

unstuff: user error (ORANGE ALERT: 0s, 4s, SrvServerInfo, ix1: 6,
size: 49722)

unstuff: user error (ORANGE ALERT: 0s, 6s, SrvServerInfo, ix1: 6,
size: 49722)

--
http://wagerlabs.com/