[Haskell-cafe] Re: Tutorial uploaded

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Wed Dec 21 07:35:31 EST 2005

Henning Thielemann wrote:
> IO is always complicated:

I have never once thought it was complicated. All I've ever needed are
"print()" and "readLine()" and those shouldn't be complicated IMO. And I
wouldn't want to wait for page 120 to learn how to do that. My programs
are not going to be useful if they can't get user input or produce
output. I don't want to wait for page 120 to write my first useful program.

> So I prefer starting a tutorial without IO,
> interaction in GHCi and Hugs should be enough for the beginning.

GHCi and Hugs are enough for the /beginning/ yes, but that doesn't mean
that IO should go on chapter 7. How about putting it in chapter 2?

Cheers,
Daniel
--
      /\/`) http://oooauthors.org