[Haskell-cafe] Tutorial uploaded

Bayley, Alistair Alistair_Bayley at ldn.invesco.com
Tue Dec 20 09:58:39 EST 2005

> From: haskell-cafe-bounces at haskell.org
> [mailto:haskell-cafe-bounces at haskell.org] On Behalf Of Daniel Carrera
>
> Hi all,
>
> I've finished a first draft of what I call "First steps in Haskell".
> It's intended to be the very first thing a new user sees when they
> decide to try out Haskell.
>
> http://www.haskell.org/hawiki/FirstSteps?action=show
>
> Thoughts and comments?

There's not much wrong with doing a Hello World:

  main = putStrLn "Hello World"

Or:

  fac n = if n <= 0 then 1 else n * fac (n-1)
  main = print (fac 12)

Compiling, or at least running a haskell script (via runhaskell) should
also get a mention, so you show how to achieve things outside of the
interactive prompt.

Alistair
Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this message,
and any attachments, may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. It is intended solely for the person(s) or entity to
which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination,
or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is