[Haskell-cafe] First steps in Haskell

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Tue Dec 20 05:53:13 EST 2005

Benjamin Franksen wrote:
> What I meant was that a certain mindset (that I, in principle, share and
> value) leads to a culture where the primary values somewhat differ from
> the mainstream, thereby sometimes creating hurdles for newcomers,
> particularly newcomers without a strong academic background.

And even newcomers *with* a strong academic background. I am a
mathematecian.

I find Haskell attractive because it expresses problems in the way I
would naturally formulate them. But I still expect a beginner tutorial
to have enough info to get a basic program runing. To me that seems very
logical.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--