[Haskell-cafe] First steps in Haskell

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at jeltsch.net
Mon Dec 19 08:43:07 EST 2005

Am Montag, 19. Dezember 2005 12:13 schrieb Daniel Carrera:
> [...]

> I guess that Haskell is unique among interpreted languages

Haskell is not an "interpreted language".  There are Haskell interpreters,
there are Haskell compilers.

> in that there are two compilers and they work different.

The basic principles of the interactive environments (Hugs and GHCi) are the
same, and so are the basic principles of the compilers (GHC, nhc98, ...).  Of
course, they differ in the details.  But so do different C compilers.

> [...]

> > What do you mean with "*fist* step"? :-) :-)
>
> Heh... typing accuracy is over-rated.

Well, I couldn't resist... ;-)

> Cheers,
> Daniel.