[Haskell-cafe] First steps in Haskell

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at jeltsch.net
Mon Dec 19 05:03:26 EST 2005

Am Sonntag, 18. Dezember 2005 18:04 schrieb Daniel Carrera:
> Joel Koerwer wrote:
> > Then after you've played with you creation a bit, check out
> > http://haskell.org/learning.html <http://haskell.org/learning.html>
>
> Thank you. I did find that page, and it was very easy to find.

There's a link on the Haskell Homepage to this page.

> The problem is that the content of that page, and its links, didn't show me
> how to write a Haskell program (like you did).

If you want to know how to feed, for example, Hugs with your Haskell program,
you might have to have a look at some Hugs documentation.  Remember that
different Haskell implementations like Hugs, GHCi etc. may have different
ways of reading Haskell programs.  So it's advisable to have a look at some
documentation which is specifically about the Haskell system you use.

On the "Learning Haskell" page you can click, for example, on the "Hugs" link,
then on "Documentation" and then on "The Hugs 98 User's Guide" or "The Hugs
98 User Manual".

> Best,
> Daniel.

Best wishes,