[Haskell-cafe] Darcs apply error while getting the complete GHC tree

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Sat Dec 17 13:52:21 EST 2005

Joel Reymont <joelr1 at gmail.com> writes:

> I thought I would get the _complete_ ghc tree so that I could build
> ghc with patches of my own. I decided to get the libraries while I'm
> at it. I got two errors and don't know what to do now.

My guess is that at least one of these errors is something to do with
MacOSX's filesystem being case-insensitive.  I had a similar problem
when I was converting the cpphs tree from CVS to darcs - the existence
of two files called cpphs.hs and Cpphs.hs simultaneously at some point
in the history, led to conflicts.  I'm afraid I don't know how to fix it
- I just gave up and did the conversion on Linux instead.

> Copying patch 3403 of 3403... done!
> Applying patch 2115 of 3403... Unapplicable patch:
> Sat Mar 27 14:07:36 GMT 2004  panne
>    * [project @ 2004-03-27 14:07:33 by panne]
>    Moved around the sources and the test examples to the standard places
>    in the hierarchical libs. The NHC98 build is currently untested, but
>    it might work, nevertheless... :-}
> darcs: ./HUnit/Test: createDirectory: already exists (File exists)

This is the one that looks like case-insensitivity.  I'll bet there is
already a file called 'test' (rather than 'Test').

Regards,
    Malcolm