[Haskell-cafe] Battling laziness

Joel Reymont joelr1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 13:22:43 EST 2005

On Dec 16, 2005, at 3:47 PM, Simon Marlow wrote:

> Oh, and it looks like
> you aren't doing -auto-all, that would probably be helpful.

Apparently, when you give -p to configure (with Cabal 1.1+) it does
add -prof but does not add -auto-all. I added this to my cabal file
and my profiling suddenly bloomed! Now I really have something to
chew on!

COST CENTRE                    MODULE               %time %alloc
byteArrayFromPtr               Script.Array          34.1   34.7
readBits                       Script.Array          32.3   36.2
appU_endian                    Script.Endian          5.7    3.2
sequ                           Script.Pickle          5.3    3.7
emptyByteArray                 Script.Array           5.3    4.5
appU_num                       Script.Pickle          3.6    4.0
copyMArray                     Script.Array           2.4    2.7
bytearray                      Script.Pickle          1.9    2.6
appU_wstr                      Script.Endian          1.7    0.8
withByteArray                  Script.Array           1.4    1.7
byteSize                       Script.Pickle          1.1    0.9
puTableInfo                    Script.PicklePlus      0.6    1.3

It makes me wonder how I managed to convert pickling to mutable
arrays from [Word8] without complete profiling info! The memory hogs
are at http://wagerlabs.com/randomplay.autohc.ps

	Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/