[Haskell-cafe] Unbound threads and FFI

Joel Reymont joelr1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 14:09:51 EST 2005

I could not find the paper at the link below but it can be found here:

The paper does not explain the differences I'm seeing between runs of
my program linked with the threaded and non-threaded runtimes. I get
crashes with the threaded runtime (sent to both you and Simon) and
things run slowly. With the non-threaded runtime everything flies.

All my FFI calls are marked unsafe and thus should be blocking in
both runtimes so I cannot explain the differences.

	Thanks, Joel