Timers (was Re: [Haskell-cafe] Optimizing a high-traffic network architecture)

Joel Reymont joelr1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 05:46:55 EST 2005

One idea would be to index the timer on ThreadId and name and stick
Nothing into the timer action once the timer has been fired/stopped.
Since timers are restarted with the same name quite often this would
just keep one relatively big map in memory. The additional ThreadId
would help distinguish the timers and avoid clashes.

--
http://wagerlabs.com/