[Haskell-cafe] Optimizing a high-traffic network architecture

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Wed Dec 14 13:50:43 EST 2005

Hello Joel,

JR> With a 1 minute keep-alive timeout system is starting to get stressed
JR> almost right away. There's verbose logging going on and almost every
JR> event/packet sent and received is traced. The extra logging of the
JR> timeout events probably adds to the stress and so, I assume, do the
JR> extra packets.

oh, yes, i forget to say that you can speed up logging bu using large
buffer on logger hadnle, say use:

hSetBuffering logger (BlockBuffering (Just 4096))

and of course avoid logging to the screen

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com