[Haskell-cafe] Re: syscall, sigpause and EINTR on Mac OSX

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Mon Dec 12 06:31:41 EST 2005

Hello Joel,

this code really looks strange: you asks to create global veriable,
but don't say its type :)  polymorhism is for functions definitions,
any concrete data in Haskell have concrete type

Sunday, December 11, 2005, 11:37:06 PM, you wrote:

JR> Would you care to elaborate? This has not caused any problems for me
JR> so far but this is probably due to my usage.

JR> On Dec 11, 2005, at 8:09 PM, Tomasz Zielonka wrote:

>> On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 07:09:20PM +0000, Joel Reymont wrote:
>>> {-# NOINLINE children #-}
>>> children :: MVar [Child a]
>>> children = unsafePerformIO $ newMVar []
>>
>> This is asking for disaster. children shouldn't have a polymorphic
>> type!

JR> --
JR> http://wagerlabs.com/

Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com