[Haskell-cafe] Re: syscall, sigpause and EINTR on Mac OSX

Branimir Maksimovic bmaxa at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 12 06:52:47 EST 2005

>From: Joel Reymont <joelr1 at gmail.com>
>To: Branimir Maksimovic <bmaxa at hotmail.com>
>CC: haskell-cafe at haskell.org
>Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Re: syscall, sigpause and EINTR on Mac OSX
>Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 09:00:18 +0000
>
>The app is multi-threaded but uses lightweight threads (unbound).

So that means user space threads, in comparison to kernel space threads?
If this is so then all of what I said still stands, because userspace
threads
are executed concurrently too, just that more user threads share
same lwp's on Solaris for example, if I understand correctly, taht is user
space
thread is not bound to single lwp.
On linux all threads are kernel space threads. Not sure about windows
though.
If GHC implements user space threads that would be great,
but that does not helps with your problems.

Greetings, Bane.