[Haskell-cafe] Re: syscall, sigpause and EINTR on Mac OSX

Joel Reymont joelr1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 11:56:23 EST 2005

On Dec 11, 2005, at 4:50 PM, Branimir Maksimovic wrote:

> This is not signal, it is result from call to pause() .
> [...]
> you have to look elsewhere as this is normal behavior.

You are saying that triggering my ^C handler randomly is normal
behavior? I understand why it goes to wait for signals but it still
does not explain where the signal itself is coming from.

> Strange is that you are using threaded
> run time  (I guess ) but this function is defined only for single
> threaded variant.
> This I implied from #if !defined(RTS_SUPPORTS_THREADS)

I'm not using a threaded runtime in this case. It appears that -debug
and -threaded are incompatible as I get an error about a mixed debug/
threaded runtime library not being available. I compile with -debug
so that I can run +RTS -Ds to check for deadlocks.

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/