[Haskell-cafe] RE: Substring replacements (was: Differences in optimisiation ...)

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Sun Dec 11 06:03:45 EST 2005

Hello Branimir,

Sunday, December 11, 2005, 5:19:22 AM, you wrote:

BM> After seeing your test, I've implemented full KMP algorithm, which
BM> is blazingly fast with your test. It is slower in mine test due excessive

are you seen http://haskell.org/hawiki/RunTimeCompilation ?

can you formulate conditions when straightforward algorithm will be
better and when KMP algorithm is preferred? it will be great to
include both algorithms in standard libraries with guides when each
one must be used

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com