[Haskell-cafe] Verbosity of imperative code (was: Learning Haskell)

J. Garrett Morris trevion at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 12:06:17 EST 2005

On 12/8/05, Robin Green <greenrd at greenrd.org> wrote:
> Sure, I take your point. But I just jumped on my latest hobby-horse: verbosity
> of imperative code is not that necessary.

There was a discussion along these lines some time ago, started by
Frederik Eaton with the subject line "Mixing monadic and non-monadic
functions."

Personally, I think that automatic lifting is unnecessary.
Multi-parameter type classes for the numeric prelude, combined with
occasional usage of LiftMn, should handle almost all the lifting
without needing to extend the language (further).

 /g

--
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown