[Haskell-cafe] Learning Haskell

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at jeltsch.net
Wed Dec 7 16:16:10 EST 2005

Am Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2005 20:53 schrieb Sebastian Sylvan:
> [...]

> It may make it harder for people to grasp the difference between an
> IORef and a regular value though...

And this might be a big problem.  It reminds me of languages which do a lot of
automatic type conversion, including automatically converting strings to
integers and the like.  The intention might be to make the programmers life
easier but I think in the long run it makes it harder.

In my opinion, it's a good thing if a language forces the programmer to see
different things as different things and not mix apples with pears.

> /S

/W