[Haskell-cafe] Learning Haskell

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at cableone.net
Wed Dec 7 12:13:40 EST 2005

I want to thank all who provided insight and understanding to my
inquiry. This has been a very nice and helpful community.

I look forward to the progress Haskell makes.

I do a lot of text processing. I currently have a few million files and
4-6gb of data to process. I need excellent string support.

It seems for me at this present time and with my knowledge and time
constraints that Python will be the practical choice.

I will continue to slowly work my way through the tutorials and expand
my understanding. Maybe someday Haskell and I will converge at a place
where I am more capable and it is more ready for me.

Until that day I wish all of you the best and may Haskell grow, mature
and prosper in its acceptance, libraries and community.

I think that as more practical applications such as darcs are produced
that Haskell's mindshare will grow.

Again, Thanks.

Jimmie