[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell poker server

Kimberley Burchett kimbly at shell.cybercom.net
Wed Aug 31 05:57:09 EDT 2005

Hi Joel,

I've been working on a library to parse binary data files (java bytecode
in my case), and I ended up writing my own DataReader monad for the
purpose of reading binary streams.  It offers two main features:

  * It keeps track of how many bytes you've read.  This is necessary for
reading java bytecode, but probably unnecessary for the protocol you're
using.

  * It supports hierarchical error messages (so you see "error while
reading foo: unexpected end of input" instead of just "unexpected end of
input").

If you're interested, you can check it out here:

   http://www.kimbly.com/code/JavaBytecode/

Kim