[Haskell-cafe] How to use STArray?

Alistair Bayley abayley at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 16:57:04 EDT 2005

> There are also STArray examples on the wiki at
> http://haskell.org/hawiki/ImperativeHaskell
>
> This includes a very high performance use of STUArray example (from
> Autrijus), and a ST.Lazy example that I wrote that uses STArray.

Thanks. I saw these, but couldn't quite figure out what I needed to do
for my program. I might add a note about helping the type-checker with
the array type overloading.

BTW, the STArray version of my code is honkin' fast (well, compared to
the immutable array versions). And memory usage is way down, too.