[Haskell-cafe] static typing and interactivity

Keean Schupke k.schupke at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Aug 18 11:44:35 EDT 2005

I look at the source code and think about it... Generally I code in vi,
then run ghci, or compile and run. I find from experience the type
errors are normally easy to fix, you just look at the error, and study
the structure of the function. If I still have problems I edit the code
to return or output intermediate values. From years of doing this I can
generally spot all my mistakes quickly... leaving only those situations
where I don't fully understand the algorithm as requiring serious
thought. Of course these are precisely those kind of problems for which
a debugger is not much good either.

    Keean.