[Haskell-cafe] combining HUnit and QuickCheck

Lemming schlepptop at henning-thielemann.de
Sat Apr 30 12:35:55 EDT 2005

I want to run randomized tests and others and I thought it would be a
good idea to run QuickCheck tests in the HUnit framework. Eventually if
a test fails the program shall fail. I couldn't figure out how to obtain
the test result and a meaningful diagnostic message from QuickCheck. The
functions I've found (quickCheck, test, runTests) report everything to
the standard output. There is also QuickCheck.Batch.run which returns a
TestResult. I wonder if there is already a function which decides
whether the TestResult is a success or not and a function which turns
the TestResult into a error string.