[darcs-users] Re: [Haskell-cafe] fptools in darcs now available

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Fri Apr 29 10:43:39 EDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 11:17:07AM -0300, zooko at zooko.com wrote:
> The only tricky part is "doppleganger patches".  Basically at this point if
> you get "doppleganger patches" then you should manually intervene, figure out
> what the conflict is, manually fix it, and then resume.  It's a big problem,

I don't know if this is what you call a "doppleganger patch", but a lot
of times when I try this, I have a problem because files with the same
name are added at some point in the history of both trees (even if the
current versions don't conflict), and this leads to the spinning
conflict resolution.

Commonly seen with files named Makefile and the like.

-- John