[Haskell-cafe] Haskell with Apache?

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Thu Apr 14 06:45:29 EDT 2005

gk:
> I'm interested in running Haskell code invoked from an Apache web server
> request.  I discovered the mod_haskell project [1] which looks prima facie
> v. promising.  Does anyone have any recent experience of using this (there
> apparently being no recent activity on this project)?
>
> I wonder if there's any other project or activity in this area I should be
> aware of?

A couple that I can think of:

1) Is Niklas Broberg's HSP. Niklas has said:

   | Indeed, we have a working server that does runtime loading of HSP
   | pages (i.e. Haskell apps) using hs-plugins. We'll be releasing a first
   | version some time really soon, but if you want a preview just send me
   | a mail. =)

2) Is lambdabot's @plugs function which evaluates Haskell code via
   plugins through an irc interface. The code fragments are arbitrary,
   so there are restrictions on the type of the value, on the in-scope
   modules, and on the running time of the application.

There's a few other small, or unannounced projects of this flavour
floating around

-- Don