[Haskell-cafe] The implementation of functional languages

Marius Nita marius at cs.pdx.edu
Mon Sep 20 09:53:31 EDT 2004

On Sep 20, 2004, at 1:26 AM, mattr wrote:
> I am working thru "Implementing Functional Languages: a tutorial" and
> I want to look up one of the references to get more details.
>
> I am looking for the book "The implementation of Functional
> Programming languages" by S. L. Peyton Jones.
>
> Anyone know how I can get it?  I would be willing to pay for a second
> hand copy if anyone has one.

Hi,

This book is out of print and currently there is no electronic version
of it. The Haskell bookstore folk are working on reconstructing it and
making it available for print-on-demand,
http://www.cafepress.com/haskell_books/, but it's not clear when
exactly it will be available.

Your other option is to try to find a used copy, but they are pretty
expensive.

-marius