[Haskell-cafe] Interoperability with other languages and haskell in industry

Vincenzo aka Nick Name vincenzo_mlRE.MOVE at yahoo.it
Thu Sep 16 17:46:12 EDT 2004

Again, I will try to take benefit of the thread on the "senior" list to
ask a question to everybody who uses haskell in industry (so you people
at Galois Connection can't avoid to answer, I know you are there :D ):
are your solutions entierely written in haskell, or are there parts
written in other languages? If so, how do you let all parts
interoperate? Do you use some form of RPC, or CORBA, do you just use a
database to store common data, do you use custom protocols (e.g.
command line arguments) or what? Do you have experience with wrong ways
to achieve this goal?

I ask this because "it might be" that in the next years our sleeping
company will produce some software, and I can easily convince other
people to use "new" languages, if I can ensure them that in case it
proves difficult for any reason, we can finish with a certain module
and implement the rest of the system using "more conventional"
technologies.

Thanks

Vincenzo