[Haskell-cafe] complete documentation like the one from Java or C++

Cale Gibbard cgibbard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 01:34:55 EDT 2004

Just in case it's not what you're referring to,
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/index.html
together with the Haskell report
http://www.haskell.org/onlinereport/
generally does the trick for me.

Occasionally, descriptions are left out when the name of the thing
together with the type signature generally tells you what it does.
(e.g. things like "isEmptySet :: Set a -> Bool" are pretty obvious.)

If this is still not enough, then what more would you like to see? In
many places in the GHC library documentation, you'll notice references
to papers, which you might like to look up (perhaps with CiteSeer) for
more info on how things are implemented, or to other, more specific
documentation for the packages, as is the case with Parsec
(http://www.cs.uu.nl/~daan/download/parsec/parsec.html) or the FFI
(http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/haskell/ffi/)

 - Cale