[Haskell-cafe] Calling Haskell from .Net Environment

David Lo davidlo.mail at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 21:23:01 EST 2004

Dear all,

Vincenzo, thank you for your reply and advice. I'll take a look on xmlrpc.

I've heard of hugs98 for .Net. Anyone has ever tried to call haskell
from .Net using it ? Please kindly advise, since one example provided
in the sample is Haskell -> .Net -> Haskell, while I require .Net ->
Haskell. When I tried to modify the sample (maybe I modify wrongly), I
find that the I'm unable to load new haskell file (when referencing
hugsscript.dll from .Net) or BadImageFileFormat exception (when
referencing hugs.exe from .Net).

Thank you in advance for your help and attention.

Best Regards,

David Lo

On Friday 29 October 2004 03:48, David Lo wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm new in Haskell. I need to port a haskell application written by
> someone else to be called by a .Net C# application. Please kindly
> advise on which option to pursue. Any helps will really be
> appreciated.

The easiest path I know would be to use xmlrpc, (or perhaps soap if you
know it - but I am unsure of availability of the latter for haskell,
you might check the www.haskell.org website).

Bye

Vincenzo