[Haskell-cafe] Re: Are handles garbage-collected?

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sun Oct 24 13:56:33 EDT 2004

Keean Schupke writes:

 >> The _result_ of a rather complex computation

 > return a function that returns the handle.

The idea is good. :-) You'll find my other posting explains
that a bit more: My main driver doesn't know about the
handle; that's just one more entry in the state of the
connection handler. So the connection handler cannot return
a complex function, because _it_ is the one who wants to use
the handle, not the function that called it. What I return
is a state which contains the handle, not the handle per se.

Peter