[Haskell-cafe] executable scripts?

John Velman velman at cox.net
Fri Oct 22 19:05:29 EDT 2004

One of the nice things about perl (for example) is that you can put
together a script with #!/usr/local/perl (in bash for example) as the first
line of a file and run it immediately.  I've used perl a lot this way with
simple 'throw away' scripts to do special filtering on a file, or some
other processing that I want to do one or a few times.  occasionally, a
script like this will have a more permanant value to me, and I keep it

Is there some way to do something similar in with Haskell?   I've tried the
most obvious (to me) test with Hugs and it doesn't work.

Surely there is a way to do this!

John Velman