[Haskell-cafe] Re: Stream processors

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Thu Oct 21 13:21:18 EDT 2004

K P SCHUPKE writes:

 > My point was... using the IO library I posted which
 > abstracts the buffer management, you can treat the IO as
 > a simple list...

Do you happen to have a ready-to-run word-counting example
for me which is based on your library? I've tried to compile
the code you posted, but GHC won't let me use hGetIList with
the following error:

  No instance for (ListPlus l UArray Int Word8)
    arising from use of `hGetIList' at /tmp/test.hs:82:7-15

I'd be interested in comparing the performance of IList with
the I/O library I've written.

Peter