[Haskell-cafe] Re: Stream processors

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Thu Oct 21 12:27:57 EDT 2004

K P SCHUPKE writes:

 > Okay, maybe I misunderstood, I thought by stream
 > processors you meant functions of the type:

 > 	process :: [a] -> [a]

No, my stream processors currently have the API I described
in my initial posting. What I was wondering is whether there
is a more general API that I could use to unify all kinds of
stream processors into a class of data types which my IO
driver can use without having to know what it is.

The StreamProc data type I defined does that, but I suspect
that there is something more fundamental definition than
what I've come up with.

Peter