[Haskell-cafe] DSL for business logic

Vincenzo Ciancia vincenzo_mlRE.MOVE at yahoo.it
Tue Oct 19 08:34:08 EDT 2004

On Monday 18 October 2004 21:35, Bhinderwala, Shoeb wrote:
> Are monadic programming concepts essential to create a DSL. I am just
> learning Haskell and haven't grasped fully the concepts of monadic
> programming yet.

I suggested using monads and arrows for DSLs is because they provide a
generalized and simple method to model binding and sequencing, and
comfortable syntax sugar. Said this, sure you don't need them to start,
and when you'll have a deeper knowledge you'll certainly be able to
tell when it is or it is not the case.

Bye

Vincenzo