[Haskell-cafe] Re: OCaml list sees abysmal Language Shootout results

Andrew Butterfield Andrew.Butterfield at cs.tcd.ie
Thu Oct 7 10:29:01 EDT 2004

At 03:08 PM 07/10/2004 +0100, MR K P SCHUPKE wrote:
>I though clean was always strict, and that was the major difference
>between clean and haskell (that and the fact clean is a proprietry language)

No - Clean is pure and lazy like Haskell,
- the key difference is that it uses
uniqueness types rather than monads to ensure the I/O is referentially
transparent and safe.

>Keean.

Dr. Andrew Butterfield (http://www.cs.tcd.ie/Andrew.Butterfield/)
Course Director, B.A. (Mod.) Information & Communications Technology
Dept.of Computer Science, Trinity College, Dublin University
Tel: +353-1-608-2517, Fax: +353-1-677-2204