[Haskell-cafe] Integrating Haskell into a J2EE environment

Doug Kirk doug at dougandalli.com
Tue Oct 5 17:44:35 EDT 2004

You're going to spend alot of time marshalling between Java and Haskell
values, and you'll either have to do it via JNI or by using pipes [as
in System.exec("haskellprogram param param param")], both of which are
ugly for a Java app.

Have you looked at Jython and JRuby? Jython is an implementation of a
Python interpreter in 100% Java, and JRuby implements a Ruby
interpreter in 100% Java.

Those might get the job done faster than having to delve into the
native layer. (Not to mention learning how to use Haskell in order to
implement what you want--not a trivial task in itself!)

Take care,
--doug