[Haskell-cafe] Re: Compiling GHC for AIX5.1L

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Fri Oct 1 11:46:36 EDT 2004

In gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe, you wrote:
> jgoerzen:
>>  /mpn'
>
> It could be that gmp is a bit too old for your platform. This has been

Turns out that both ghc and gmp are confused about the true nature of
the platform.  It is AIX on PowerPC64, running in 32-bit mode.  After
significant tweaking to Makefiles (to add -mpowerpc all over the place),
things seem to work.  I hope I'll actually have it built later today.
Sigh.

Thanks for your help, though.  It is appreciated.  I will post the built
tree once I have a working ghc.

(alt.binaries.haskell anyone? <g>)

-- John