[Haskell-cafe] Non-technical Haskell question

GoldPython goldpython at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 09:00:18 EST 2004

Hi, all,

I'm new to the Cafe, but not to Haskell (experimented with it on and
off on a small scale over the last 5 or 6 years and enjoy the language
quite a lot) and had more of a political question and wanted to see
what people thought:

Has anyone tried presenting the language to the average rank and file
programming community?  If so, was it successful? If not, is there
interest in doing so?

By "rank and file" I mean, outside of the acedemic world where a large
number of the programmers I see have very little math background. This
would be the typical commercial Visual Basic crowd and the like.

Thanks,
Will Collum