[Haskell-cafe] Re: Lexically scoped type variables

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk qrczak at knm.org.pl
Sat Nov 27 04:57:53 EST 2004

oleg at pobox.com writes:

> and use "`asTypeOf` result" wherever we need to refer to resType.

I don't like being left with only asTypeOf, because when the desired
type has its structure shuffled, it forces to invent a transformation
on unused expressions which yields the given transformation on their
types - ugly.

It should be possible to name every part of a type (or at least every
polymorphic part) with a type variable, and use it in local type

For me it's fine if implicit foralls bring type variables into scope.
The only disadvantage is that it's incompatible with Haskell 98.

   __("<         Marcin Kowalczyk
   \__/       qrczak at knm.org.pl
    ^^     http://qrnik.knm.org.pl/~qrczak/