[Haskell-cafe] Solving differential equations in terms of power series

Jerzy Karczmarczuk karczma at info.unicaen.fr
Mon May 24 11:49:14 EDT 2004

Henning Thielemann wrote:
> I've attached a Haskell module demonstrating the beauty of solving
> ordinary differential equations in terms of power series. A power series
> is expressed by the (infinite) list of its coefficients. What do you think
> about that?

Sorry for shameless personal plugin, but, please, check out my old paper:

http://users.info.unicaen.fr/~karczma/arpap/lazysem.ps
(published in Theor. Comp. Sci. some centuries ago).

You should perhaps see also the paper of Doug McIlroy, who cooked-up some
algorithms quite similar to mine, independently, and published a Functional
Pearl in JFP.

There is an another piece of my stuff, where there is something about the dif-
ferential equations here:

http://users.info.unicaen.fr/~karczma/arpap/laseq.pdf

Jerzy Karczmarczuk