[Haskell-cafe] HToolkit HSQL on Windows/GHC

ATWOOD,JOHN (HP-Corvallis,ex1) john.atwood at hp.com
Fri Mar 26 15:26:34 EST 2004

Clive,

I see that HaskellDb requires htoolkit, so that's no help.

Doesn't MySql listen on a port? Is that protocol documented? I've used
postgresql that way from Haskell.

Another thought, which I hesitate to even mention, would be to call the
commandline tool via System.Cmd, pipe the results to a file, and read the
file, and parse the results. Slow and ugly, but you could have it working in
an hour.

Seems like we could even use the higher level abstractions of HSQL or
HaskellDB, but sub in this SlowAndUglyButPortable for the lower level
access.

John